Friends we’re making brownies!
I basically used to live off of two-bite brownies when I was a kid…no I’m not kidding! I would pack them in my lunch bag and have them as a snack during school, and I think that’s why I’m so into healthy eating now. I never really had proper nutrition when I was a kid, not that my mom did a bad job feeding me but in the early 2000s processed and “quick” snacks/meals was the norm, not many people at that time were not baking up black bean brownies, sipping on kombucha, and what’s gluten? was the motto then.
I quickly realized as I got older that the way you eat truly does change your mood, the environment, and the way you ultimately look after yourself. From there I really got into baking with better ingredients, and I have to admit sometimes I miss those darn two-bite brownies, so today I decided to share with you my little rendition on the best brownies bites ever (hint: there’s a secret high protein legume in them that nobody will notice, not even the super picky eaters!).
I hope you enjoy!
Two Bite Double Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax + 6 Tbsp water) left to set for 5 minutes
- 1 Can Black Beans (Rinsed and drained throughly)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Manuka Honey (or other sweetener like agave, maple, or brown rice syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Hazeluts
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used Lily's!)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor pulse the black beans, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, flax eggs, and avocado oil together until smooth.
3. Add in the cocoa, cacao, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and pulse until smooth (we aren't trying to make chunky bean brownies here!).
4. Fold in the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
5. In a greased mini muffin pan drop 2 tablespoons worth of batter in each cup (makes about 20) and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!