If I am going to be completely honest it’s been “one of those weeks,” I just got back from my amazing trip from California but now I am playing catchup from my lost time. From school work to blog posts and everything around me it all becomes overwhelming, and I can’t shake my feeling of stress from the moment I wakeup in the morning to the time I go to sleep, it’s like I am in a constant state of a stress ball (which is never fun).
So how do I deal with these weeks when my brain feels like it’s going a million miles a minute? Good question, and I am still trying to figure it out. One thing that I tell myself when going through patches of turbulence and stress in my life is ‘this too shall pass,’ meaning that my stressful state is not forever and it will pass in time when I experience a lighter workload in the next chapter of life. Although I do recite my mantra to myself on a daily basis to relive my stressful energy, I find meditation helpful and I believe practicing for at least five minutes a day is sooo effective for mental clarity and balance in life.
Stress can have some serious consequences on physical, emotional, and mental health so finding what works for you in dealing with stress is sooo paramount when trying to balance it all. Maybe that means taking a warm bath before bed, making golden milk, meditating, masking, or anything else that make you feel good at the end of the day. Practicing at least one act of self-care at the end of the day has made my life more balanced and calm when faced with the daily stressful struggles.
So…seeing how I am super busy this week I am going to end my little dealing with stress spiel here and let’s enjoy some super blueberry muffins cause they are one of the things that are literally helping me get through this week!
Super Blueberry Muffins
- 2 Cups Gluten-free All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberrries
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (for topping and optional)
Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix together 2 Tbsp of flax with 6 Tbsp water and allow to set for 5 minutes.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
4. Mix together the wet ingredients including the flax eggs.
5. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk together until smooth.
6. Fold in the frozen blueberries gently.
7. Line 8 muffin cups with muffin liners and fill them with 2 heaping tablespoons of batter until used up.
8. Top with pumpkin seeds and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Allow to cool on cooling rack and enjoy!