One of my favourite things around Christmas is the smell of spices throughout the house… The smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger is so warming and helps make this time of the year much more special.
If you have been reading The Nakd Kitchen for a while now you will know that I love all things oats and grains related, and how could I celebrate my fav time of the year without including a granola recipe? This Christmas granola is a combo of buckwheat (adds an extra crunch), spices, cranberry, and orange which creates an absolute dream smell throughout the house! If you’re on a budget (or just love making homemade gifts and baking) this is the perfect gift to give to friends and family for the holiday season, just store the granola in an airtight container (like a Kilner) add a tag and you have an easy yet delicious Christmas gift!
I hope you and your friends/family enjoy!
- 3/4 Cup Buckwheat
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Orange Extract
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the buckwheat, oats, nuts, seeds, and spices.
3. Using a spatula stir in the vanilla, orange extract, maple, and melted coconut oil until everything is coated.
4. On a lined baking sheet add the granola and bake for 40 minutes (MIXING EVERY 10 MINUTES).
5. Once baked stir in the cranberries and coconut flakes and allow to cool.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to about six weeks.