I just got back from my trip in England where I spent a few days in London and most of my time in the Cotswolds (which by the way is the most beautiful place I have ever visited!).
I am so incredibly blessed to be able to experience the things that I do, and I got to try some incredibly amazing food which has given myself a whole new source of inspiration for this space. I also would love to provide you with a London healthy city guide to help you on your travels if you ever find yourself in the bustling city, so please let me know if that is something that you would like to see!
While on my vacation I visited the iconic 26 Grains which is a porridge based cafe in the heart of Neal’s Yard, Covent Garden. I went to 26 Grains three times while I was in London for three days, and took my friend who I met up with as she studies in Manchester. 26 Grains is seriously amazing and you have to get the Nordic Pear if you happen to find yourself in the quirky Neal’s Yard- the hype is definitely what it’s cracked up to be for this little gem.
Check out 26 Grains: www.26grains.com
I have been so incredibly inspired by Alex’s work (owner of 26 Grains), and today I am sharing with you a porridge recipe to help me reminisce about one of my favourite recent travel experiences.
This apple and maple cinnamon baked oatmeal is perfect for baking on Monday so that you can have it throughout the week. I usually add a square of the oatmeal into a bowl with a splash of almond milk and heat it in the microwave- you could always add berries and yogurt too!
I hope you enjoy,
Apple & Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 3 Cups Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Apple Sauce (Unsweetened)
- 1 medium Apple (diced)
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix together the wet ingredients: almond milk, maple, vanilla, apple sauce, and diced apple.
3. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, flax, and baking powder.
4. Poor in the wet mixture into the large bowl and stir throughly.
5. In a medium sized casserole dish add the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with a splash of almond milk, berries, or whatever you like! Enjoy!