My schedule has gotten a whole lot busier with finals and projects ramping up near the end of the semester, however I still don’t want to miss out on my weekly waffles (waffles come before school!).
One day when I was messing around in my kitchen I threw a whole bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and I created the most delicious and easy banana waffles, which are incredibly cheap and easy to make so it’s a win-win situation all around if you’re asking me. You could make a ton of these waffles on a Sunday meal prep day and freeze them to have waffles everyday of the week (who wouldn’t want that?). So onto the fun stuff; the waffles!
Banana Blender Waffles
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Wholewheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (You could use 1 1/2 cups Wholewheat flour instead of including oat flour)
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (for greasing)
1. Preheat a waffle maker.
2. In a blender blend the ripe bananas and almond milk together using medium speed until well combined.
3. Add in all of the dry ingredients into the blender.
4. Blend for 2 minutes on medium-high or until smooth (you might need to mix with a spoon a bit).
5. Using the preheated waffle iron melt the coconut oil over then adding approximately 1/4 cup of batter.
6. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes (this can vary depending on the size and model of your waffle maker).
7. Remove carefully with a spatula.
8. Drizzle with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and yogu2