This is one of my new favourite autumnal salads, it’s so warming from the spice of the cinnamon and the healthy carbs from the sweet potato and butternut squash. Roasting veggies in a bit of maple syrup is the key to getting people who don’t like veggies at all- to looking for seconds! This salad is so versatile and you can top it with anything depending on the seasons. In my version I a have topped it with pea shoots, cranberries, and some crushed walnuts. Share this dish around the table at a Sunday gathering or make it for a quick lunch. I hope you enjoy!
Maple Cinnamon Roasted Squash and Sweet Potato Salad
Serves: 2 (side) or 1 (as a meal)
You Will Need:
- 1 small sweet potato.
- 1/4 butternut squash.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 2 tsp oil.
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
- 2 Tbsp crushed walnuts.
- 1/2 medium carrot.
- 3 Tbsp fresh cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Peal and chop the sweet potato and butternut squash.
- In a medium sized roasting try coat the squash and sweet potato in oil and cinnamon- cook for 20 minutes (flipping half way).
- Take the roasting tray out of the over after 20 minutes and coat the squash and potato in the maple syrup.
- Roast for 12 more minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler make the ribbons of carrot.
- Once the potato and squash are done roasting allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add the sweet potato, squash, ribboned carrot, crushed walnuts, and cranberries.