The first time I ever made a raw dessert they were peanut butter caramel squares and I was hooked. The fact that I could make something taste so delicious without using any white sugar amazed me! That’s when I decided to change my diet to a more natural and wholesome plant-based diet to see how good food could make me feel after dealing with skin and digestive problems. I absolutely love these brownies as they remind a bit of Nutella! Since these brownies are raw they are super gooey so I recommend keeping them in a container in your fridge to snack on throughout the week. I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a lovely week!
Raw Hazelnut and Pecan Brownies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes || Set Time: 120 Minutes || Total Time: 140 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup regular pitted dates (soaked in warm water 10 minutes)
- 5 Tbsp cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- In a food processor pulse the pecans and hazelnuts until they are finely broken down.
- Add the medjool dates and softened regular dates.
- Pulse for one minute until the mixture starts coming together.
- Add the cacao and maple syrup- pulse for another minute.
- In a 7 x 10 parchment paper lined baking dish pour the mixture in and smooth it over using a spatula.
- Allow the brownies to set in the freezer for one hour and then transfer them to the fridge for another hour.
- Top with any left over nuts (optional).
- Cut into six squares and enjoy!