The best cake (in my humble opinion) is carrot cake without a doubt. I recently spent my nineteenth birthday in Disney World (the absolute dream right?), well to make matters even better I was surprised with a vegan carrot cake from Erin McKenna’s Bakery which was amazing- I’ve been dreaming about it ever since so I decided to make up a batch of carrot cake muffins. I’ve been trying to make lots of autumn recipes to share with you this month so that when October hits you’ll be more than prepared for everything pumpkin spiced themed, but with much healthier ingredients that are going to make you feel satisfied and energized! Having healthier sweets is definitely what helps keep me sane, I almost have something sweet every night and these carrot cake muffins are definitely satisfying my sweet tooth! I hope you enjoy them- they are perfect for autumn! Also don’t forget to send your photos my way using #thenakdkitchen.
Carrot Cake Muffins
Prep Time: 15 Minutes || Bake Time: 30 Minutes || Total Time: 45 Minutes
You Will Need:
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 red apple (shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (you can use whole wheat (wholemeal))
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl mix the mashed banana, shredded apple, shredded carrot, and almond milk together.
- Stir in the spices, baking powder, spelt, and fold in the raisins.
- Grease a muffin tin or use muffin cups and fill each cup 3/4 of the way, you should make about 8.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!