With the weather getting much colder and rainy out this time of the year I’ve been keeping warm with only hot dishes! I’m not going to complain about the weather though- I absolutely love everything fall…the squash, thanksgiving, and the leaves changing. This green goddess soup is one of my new favourite additions to the blog, the herbs, peas, and garlic give it tons of delicious flavour. The kale, peas, and courgette give it the beautiful deep greens colour that tastes way better than it looks (similar to green juice!), a bowl of this goodness is sure to keep you warm and full. Pair this soup with the ultimate avocado toast and you’re set!
Warming Greens Soup
Prep Time: 10 Minutes || Cook Time: 30 Minutes || Total Time: 40 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups shelled peas
- 2 zucchinis (diced)
- 1 large bunch kale
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- In a wok over medium heat add the olive oil and allow to heat.
- Add the onion and garlic- fry them off for 3 minutes until they start to cook.
- Add the peas, zucchinis, kales, and herbs.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for about 5 minutes until they are a bit soft.
- Add the vegetable broth.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 20 minutes (stirring periodically).
- With a hand blender or regular blender, blend everything on high for one minute or until the soup is smooth.
- Top with nuts, extra kale, or tahini, enjoy!