If you don’t eat avocado toast you are totally missing out…. It’s a staple in my diet and it’s incredibly easy to make. Although avocado is high in fat it’s full of healthy fat, and I don’t follow the HCLF diet because I believe that healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, seeds, and coconut are a healthy part of a balanced diet. When I started out on my vegan journey I decided to lower my fat intake and let me tell you it made my mental health much more foggy, I couldn’t concentrate and I always felt sluggish/unmotivated. I however, am not one to tell others to live their lives cause I believe that what works for one’s body might not work for someone else! But hey, I would miss my North Shore Goodies Coconut Peanut Butter and avocados too much to give up fat! Do what works best for your body and love the skin your in!
Have a lovely week,
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 ripe avocado (pitted and peeled)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 slices bread (I love sourdough)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Toast your bread to your liking.
- Mash half an avocado with the lemon juice using the back of a fork.
- Spread the avocado onto the toast.
- Top with chilli flakes along with salt and pepper.