So this is the long anticipated recipe that I’ve needed to upload in forever! I just got back from a week long vacation from Orlando, Florida, where I celebrated my 19th birthday, saw an Ed Sheeran concert, walked almost half a marathon a day throughout Disney World, and had a ton of vegan food in between. I just got back home this morning at 2:30 AM and I am feeling a bit jet lagged so I apologize if this post is a little all over the place. However, I am back and feeling more motivated to smash out a ton of blog posts and start adding more exciting content on the blog because I want to share what I am passionate about with you. That brings me to another thing, I am thinking about delivering more diverse content to the blog like restaurant reviews, workouts, how to live life more eco-friendly, and much more! Please let me know if there is anything you want to see! I always toy around with the idea of actively starting a YouTube channel, and if there is a demand there I could definitely start (it’s a bit out of my comfort zone, but hey!).
Have a lovely week,
Simple Vegetable Spaghetti Bolognese
Prep Time: 20 Minutes || Cook Time: 35 Minutes || Total Time: 45 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup red lentils (rinsed)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 medium carrots (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 zucchini (rinsed and thinly sliced)
- 4-5 cremini mushrooms (rised and diced)
- 1/2 cup corn niblets (optional)
- 2 cups pasta (I like this kind the best, It’s high in protein!)
- 6 cups water
- In a deep large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, fry off for 5 minutes until the onion is golden.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, corn (if using), Italian seasoning, and fry off for 8 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and fill up the can halfway with water, and add the water to the saucepan.
- Add the lentils to the mixture and stir them through.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes and stir often to make sure the lentils don’t stick to the bottom!
- While the sauce is on the stove make the pasta by bringing about 6 cups of water to a boil and adding the pasta in (it should take about 10 minutes to cook, but check the instructions on the back of your box!)
- Serve the warm pasta with a large portion of the sauce over it and enjoy!