By reading the name of this recipe you’re probably thinking quinoa for breakfast? Yes, yes, quinoa can be incorporated into your breakfast and this powerful grain is packed full of protein. Quinoa is so versatile and can be used in almost anything from porridge to a rice substitute- it is so much more than just a salad topper! You can add this granola to just about anything you want from smoothie bowls, yogurt, and if you’re craving something sweet you can have it by the handful. This granola is holding my sweet tooth over until I get to Disney World this time next week where I will be devouring all the veg treats from Erin Mckenna’s Bakery. I know I am spending my 19th birthday in Disney World and I am not ashamed at all! However, the thing that is really troubling me is whether to get a red velvet cake or a carrot cake (what’s a girl to do?) so if you have any suggestions please contact me!! Once I get back from Disney World I am going to post a blog post about surviving Disney World as a vegan and what restaurants I liked best! As you can tell I am super excited to go on my vacation but I’m even more excited to share this recipe with you so let’s get into it!
Salted Chocolate Maca Quinoa Granola
Prep Time: 10 Minutes || Cook Time: 30 Minutes || Total Time: 40 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked quinoa, oats, almonds, cacao, maca, and salt.
- Pour in the coconut oil, maple syrup, water, and stir until everything is well mixed.
- On a lined baking tray spread the granola out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes and stir every five minutes (this prevents it from burning!)
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and store in a airtight container.