So recently I worked at a couple summer horseback riding camps, and let me tell you kids definitely wear you out so easily! After working out, lifting kids on/off of horses this past week I am physically exhausted! Anyways even though I was pretty tired at the end of the day I still had a bit of energy left in me to make something sweet…. but also something super easy. If you have any ripe bananas lying around these guys are perfect to whip up! They’re not super indulgent by any means so I often have them as a snack cause they’re pretty darn healthy, especially depending on what type of chocolate you use you can keep them even healthier. I used chocolate chips in these but you could totally add cacao nibs, cranberries, coconut, nuts, or whatever else you’re into! So lets jump into the recipe!
5 Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 5 Minutes || Cook Time: 12 Minutes || Total Time: 18 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the mashed banana, coconut oil, and vanilla together.
- Stir in the oats and mix until everything comes together.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts in.
- Take heaping tablespoons worth of batter and place it on a lined baking sheet, making sure each cookie is separated 1 inch apart (they don’t spread out much when baking).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve. (I love mine dunked into a glass of almond milk!)