Hi all, I hope you’ve been having a wonderful week so far! It feels like a Monday to me because I didn’t have to work on Monday due to the Canada Day weekend, so my week started on Tuesday (I am not complaining though!). This past weekend was pretty dull, the weather did not cooperate at all for any festivities on Canada Day so I mostly spent my time in the kitchen coming up with new recipes to share with you. That reminds me, I bought a bento box on Sunday when all of the shops were open again and I’m thinking about sharing some lunch/ bento box recipes so please let me know if that’s something you would like to see! I know that when I was in high school I had to take my lunch almost everyday and I would become so lost as to what to pack for lunch that was healthy and easy. On a completely different note, I have been trying to eat more carbohydrates like sweet potatoes, quinoa, and bread since I am training for a 10 mile race this month. Since I’ve been having toast or muesli for breakfast a lot I decided why not combine two of my favourite things in one?! This recipe is oh so delicious and I can’t wait to share it with all of you! Enjoy!
Muesli Breakfast Bread
Prep Time: 20 Minutes || Proof Time: 2-3 hrs || Bake Time: 25-30 minutes || Total Time: 3hrs
What You Will Need:
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 sachet quick rising yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (diced)
- 1/2 cup black mission figs (sliced in half)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix the warm water and yeast together and set aside for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl and pour in the water and yeast mixture.
- Work/knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough back in the bowl and cover it with cling wrap to proof for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lightly dust a loaf tin with some flour.
- Add the dough to the tin and cover for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 25/30 minutes (depending on the oven and several other factors)
- Allow to cool and serve.