Welcome back everyone! I hope everyone’s week is going well so far… Unfortunately I was supposed to be traveling to the UK this Thursday, but something came up and I am now unable to make it there. Although I am pretty bummed about it I believe that everything will workout in the end and I might be going there later in the summer around the month of August. On another note, I am working on some exciting food related projects that I really hope fall through. I wish I could say what I am talking about but I don’t want to release something that I am not 100% sure will go through, and I hope you understand that! Now onto the recipe… I have been looking through the blog I’ve noted that it has becoming much more sweets related than I would like so I am trying to incorporate more savoury recipes in which will hopefully become a weekly routine. These cauliflower sweet chilli bites are perfect as a side or as a main dish when you have friends and family over, or you could just eat them all to yourself (I often do that!). I really hope you enjoy this recipe, and please send your photos my way if you end up making them!!
Sending lots of love,
Sweet Chilli Cauliflower Bites:
Difficulty: A bit tricky
Prep Time: 25 minutes || Cook Time: 40 minutes || Total Time: 65 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp smoke paprika
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower. You want to make sure that you don’t chop it too finely so you want to leave the stems intact.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the almond milk, olive oil, and half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- In a second medium sized bowl mix together the flours, one teaspoon smoked paprika, and one teaspoon chilli flakes.
- One at a time dip each piece of cauliflower into the liquid mixture making sure it is coated.
- Next coat the wet piece of cauliflower in the flour mixture.
- Place on a lined baking tray and repeat this process until all of the cauliflower is used up.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the bites are cooking make the sweet chilli sauce.
- In a bowl mix together the maple syrup, crushed garlic, chilli powder, one teaspoon of chilli flakes, and teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Once the bites are done allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Using your fingers dip each of the bites into the sweet chilli sauce and place them back on the lined baking tray.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!