Today I woke up and the rain was beating down on my window. Today was the kind of day where you just want to lay in bed and sleep the day away. I did just about that, I didn’t go anywhere, I just worked on recipes from home and worked on the blog. I teach horseback riding lessons on the weekends so during summer break my weekdays are pretty free. I still keep myself busy though by working on the blog, or something around the house… I almost never stop! Although the rain makes me incredibly unmotivated to do anything I still forced myself to run 8k today (on the tredmill), and let me tell you it’s a lot harder when it’s miserable outside! Also uploading on a Monday is not something I usually do, but seeing how much some wanted to get the recipe I thought I would fire a post on here so you can enjoy the granola throughout the week for breakfast! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and let me know if there is anything you would like to see on the blog!
Thanks for reading & sending lots of love,
Banana Bread Granola:
Makes: A ton
Prep time: 10 minutes || Cook time: 35 minutes || Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp almond milk
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (I used flaked almonds & pecans)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried banana (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl puree the banana by using the back of a fork.
- Mix in the almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla with the banana and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the oats, nuts, and cinnamon to the wet mixture and mix using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- On a lined baking sheet pour the mixture onto it and spread it out.
- Bake for 35 minutes (mixing every 10 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn!)
- Allow to cool and add the dried banana.
- Store in air-tight containers for up to a little over a week (but mine always disappears before then!)