I recently uploaded a photo of this dish that I whipped up in a pinch on Instagram, and a few people wanted me to upload the recipe so here it is! A super easy weeknight dinner that is full of flavour and energy! I had some leftovers that I just put in the fridge overnight and it was just as good as when I cooked the night before. If you make any of the recipes or have any recipes you would like to share with me please send them @emmamarieskitchen or #emmamarieskitchen. Enjoy!
Coconut Curried Vegetables
What You Will Need:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into small disks about 1/2″ thick)
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the olive oil to heat for one minute.
- Add the veggies and fry them off until they begin becoming slightly soft.
- Next, add the spices to the veggies and fry them off for about 2 more minutes.
- Pour the canned coconut milk in and stir.
- Allow the vegetables to simmer for 15 minutes and by this time a lot of the liquid has burned off.
- Throw the kale in and mix, simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve over warm brown rice or by itself, enjoy!