I have recently been eating a tonne of these chickpea omelettes! They’re super delicious and perfect for any meal, and they are also super filling! Not only are they delicious but they are also super easy to make, I usually whip up a batch of these for lunch if I am in a time crunch! I really hope you enjoy these chickpea omelettes and please let me know how you get on with them!
What You Will Need:
Filling of Omelette:
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, but recommended!)
- 1 1/4 cup plain almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp herbs de provenence
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- In a medium sized non-stick pan heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and fry them off for about five minutes until they are soft.
- Place the cooked veggies in a bowl and set them aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the chickpea flour, baking soda, nutritional yeast, and seasonings together and mix.
- Next add in the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a smooth pancake like batter forms.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- In the same medium sized skillet where you cooked the veggies pour half the batter in creating a large pancake.
- Wait 3 minutes and add the veggies to half the omelette and gently flip the other half of the omelette on top of the veggies.
- Cook for minutes and repeat this process until the omelette batter is used up! Enjoy!