I’ve recently been trying to get into uploading more savoury recipes on the blog. I have been focusing a lot of my time in the kitchen to create delicious and easy recipes. This dish is amazing for those weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook but still want to make something satisfying and delicious. The sweet potato gives your body carbs, chickpeas fulfill your protein, and the tahini dressing is a healthy fat– making it a complete meal. I really hope you enjoy this recipe, and if you do end up making it please be sure to send your photos my way!
Baked Sweet Potato with Lemon Herbed Chickpeas:
What You Will Need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (washed and pierced with a fork)
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- pinch of fresh basil
Lemon and Dill Tahini Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of dried dill
- 4 tsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Once you have cleaned and pierced holes in the sweet potatoes (using a fork) bake for 45 minutes (flipping over halfway during cook time).
- While the sweet potatoes are baking drain and rinse the chickpeas and pat them dry.
- In a medium sized bowl with the chickpeas add the lemon juice, garlic, and herbs mixing to ensure that the chickpeas are coated.
- Roast for 30 minutes and halfway in-between stirring to make sure that they don’t burn.
- While the sweet potato and chickpeas are in the oven make the tahini dressing.
- In a small bowl mix the liquid ingredients together and then stir in the dill.
- Sautee a large handful of spinach with 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat on a skillet.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cut them down the middle.
- Layer on the sautéed spinach, chickpeas, and drizzle the tahini dressing on top. Enjoy!