Since transitioning to a diet lead by veg, I have found it incredibly difficult finding a vegan banana bread recipe that is on the healthier side but doesn’t taste bad. I always find myself baking a loaf that is always not cooked completely through… Therefore I did some jigging around with recipes to make the best oil-free vegan zucchini banana bread (at least I think so!). I really hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you give it a try @emmamarieskitchen or #emmamarieskitchen
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread:
What You Will Need:
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the sweeter)
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini (courgette)
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt**
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 Tbsp water left to set for 5 mins)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour**
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil (for greasing)
**For the coconut yogurt you can use plain greek yogurt if not dairy-free.
**For the gluten-free all purpose flour you could totally use regular all purpose flour or whole wheat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180° C)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients, making sure that all our throughly mixed through.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Pour the batter in the loaf tin making sure it is level with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving, and enjoy!