One of my favourite things to have on a weekend are waffles. I love making them with healthier ingredients to help fuel my body for my workouts, and so I don’t feel too full. These waffles contain lemon and raspberry which compliment each other perfectly, and they remind me of summer. They taste even more amazing when you top them off with coconut yogurt so it melts over the waffle, I also top them off with fresh berries to make it a bit sweeter. I really hope you enjoy this recipe, and please be sure to send your photos my way!
Lemon & Raspberry Ripple Waffles
What You Will Need:
– 1 1/2 cup oat flour
– 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
– 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 1/2 cup chopped raspberries
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Next, mix in the wet ingredients (almond milk, water, and lemon juice).
- Fold in the chopped raspberries and mix them in with a spatula to keep the pieces together.
- Pour about 5 tablespoons worth of the batter into the waffle mould (depends on what type of waffle maker you have!)
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes and repeat this process until the batter is used up.