One of the best things to have when it’s still cold out is porridge. Although it is super filling and satisfying, I am still trying to incorporate more protein into my diet. Quinoa is known as a complete protein meaning that it contains all of the essential amino acids which is hard to find in plant-based foods. Incorporating some quinoa into your breakfast occasionally is going to keep you satisfied and energized throughout the day while getting that protein punch that you need. Not only is this recipe going to nourish your body, but it is also delicious and I have been absolutely loving it for my weekday breakfasts. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and send any of your photos my way!
Apple & Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge:
Time: 30 Minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (for topping)
- handful of chopped walnuts (for topping)
- half an apple (sliced)
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat add the quinoa and almond milk together.
- Allow it to come to a boil, and stir in the cinnamon.
- Cook the quinoa porridge for about 20 minutes, the quinoa should be soft from absorbing the almond milk.
- Next top off the porridge by placing the sliced apples, walnuts, and maple syrup on top. Enjoy!